Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are chewy and delicious!  Here's a link to the recipe.  I altered it a tiny bit by using whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, and baking them for 2 minutes longer than they did.  

Ingredients:

 1 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 package chocolate chips

Bake at 325 degrees F for 14 minutes.  
We've been trying to eat fewer sweets.  Step one is to replace Nutty Bars and Oatmeal Cream Pies with homemade sweets.  That way we will at least know what is going into them.  I don't want to think about what step two might be.  I think I'll just stick with step one for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Corey and I try to not eat too many sweets either, so I've been finding some healthier alternatives for baking. Last night I just made these: http://www.elanaspantry.com/ratio-rally-quick-breads/ and they were great. A barely sweet muffin base that you can add anything to that your heart desires. They are made with almond flour, which gives them a little more density, but not in a bad way. Not to mention that almonds are great for you, so I feel good about making these instead of processed grain flours. Although I'm more than willing to use those in other recipes :)

    P.S. I haven't commented before now, but I've been blog stalking you since your sister posted a link on FB when you first started your blog. I sent the link to my mom when you made her garbanzo beans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you've been stalking :)
    I will definitely try out that recipe. Thanks! Hope all is well with you and Corey.

    ReplyDelete